Improving your health is a process, and there are no quick fixes. However, you can improve your health today by making small, yet significant, changes. We’ve identified 15 simple things you can do to take the first step on the road to great health.
- Park your car farther away from the door when you go shopping or to work.
- Use the stairs instead of the elevator whenever possible.
- Take a walk before or after dinner with your family.
- Cut your dinner portions by 1/3.
- Have fruit for dessert instead of cookies, ice cream, or cake.
- If you use tobacco, keep it in the car so you have to make an effort to get it. Easy access helps you use more frequently.
- Or try buying a tobacco brand you dislike. That will help you chew or smoke less.
- Get rid of the soda pop. Completely. Try sparkling or carbonated water with lemon and lime juice instead. You may feel odd for a few days as your body detoxes from the junk in the soda, but then you will feel better—we promise.
- Get into the habit of reading food labels. Avoid any food that has the following ingredients: high fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated oil, and monosodium glutamate.
- Shop the perimeter of the grocery store, where the healthy food lives.
- Better yet, check out the health food store.
- When you have the choice, eat real or organic.
- Drink a large glass of filtered water when you get up and every three hours after, stopping two hours before bed. You’ll be using the bathroom more often at first, but your body will get used to it.
- Take a good multivitamin and mineral supplement every day.
- Watch the white foods: sugar, white pasta, instant rice, potatoes. Refined carbs spike your blood sugar.
Scheduling a visit with us is yet another simple step you can take to improve your health. If you’d like to find out more about us and what we do, let us know.