There’s nothing better than indulging in a sweet dessert after a long day.
However, with so many desserts containing obscene amounts of sugars, artificial colors/flavoring, and processed ingredients, you have to be careful what you eat.
The good news…
Clean eating is starting to become a major trend among health-conscious chefs, bakers, food bloggers, and even families. And for this reason, clean-eating recipes are easy to find all over the place.
Today, I want to share a few clean-eating dessert recipes that will satisfy your dessert craving without leaving your body feeling bad due to unhealthy ingredients.
Here’s what I recommend…
3-Ingredient Coconut Mango Ice Cream
IF you’re an ice cream lover, this clean-eating ice cream recipe will be right up your alley.
Made with only coconut milk, honey, and organic mango, this dessert is both easy and inexpensive to make.
Give it a try…
- 1 cup canned coconut milk (full-fat recommended
- 2 cups organic diced mango, frozen
- 3 tablespoons honey
- In a hi-speed blender or large food processor, blend together coconut milk, frozen mango, and honey until the texture of soft-serve ice cream.
- Freeze for 4-5 hours.
- Scoop ice cream into serving dishes and enjoy!
Recipe source: https://skinnyms.com/coconut-mango-ice-cream-recipe/
Chocolate Lovers, rejoice!
This pudding recipe, made with avocado, honey, and cocoa powder is the answer to any pudding lover’s dreams.
Get a full serving of healthy fats, 2 grams of protein, and 6 grams of fiber when you whip up this tasty treat. How’s that for a guilt-free dessert?
Give it a try…
- 1 medium avocado
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- pinch of kosher or sea salt
- Combine avocado, honey, coconut oil, vanilla, and vinegar in a food processor and pulse until smooth and combined.
- Scrap the sides and add the cocoa and salt, pulse until combined and a pudding-like consistency.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe Source: https://skinnyms.com/creamy-clean-eating-chocolate-pudding/
Strawberries in Balsamic Yogurt Sauce
If you prefer a more savory type of dessert, you’ve got to give this recipe a try.
Made with fresh berries, creamy yogurt, and tangy balsamic vinegar, we promise this treat won’t disappoint.
Here’s the recipe…
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, fat-free
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey (I used wildflower raw honey)
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- Combine in a small bowl the first 3 ingredients.
- Layer balsamic-yogurt sauce with strawberries in 4 mini dessert dishes.
- Refrigerate 2-3 hours before serving.
Of course, you should always eat a nutritious meal before you indulge in dessert. Here are 3 healthy lunch recipes that will keep you fueled during your day!